It’s 8:21 p.m. on Thursday, November 17, 2011, as I write this article on how to relax at night naturally. It has been a long day and I do feel stress in my body. What about you? How do you feel at night around 8 o’clock in the evening? Many days I’ll put on some frankincense essential oil around sunset and do some stretching in the evening. I find the aroma from the frankincense essential oil relaxing and the stretching helps release stress from my muscles. Tonight, I’m off my routine and feeling a bit edgy.
It’s funny that tonight I’m writing on this topic. Actually, it’s perfect because I can live the experience and share with you how to relax naturally after a long day. Here’s my 5-step process to relax at night naturally when you’re feeling stressed:
- Light your soy candle (Tonight, I have lit my lavender vanilla candle);
- Put on some comfortable clothes you can stretch in;
- Put on some Frankincense essential oil (I like to put some behind my ears, neck, temples, wrists and top of nose);
- Go stretch for 10 minutes (At the end of your stretch, take 7 deep breaths, breathing in and out through your nostrils);
- Take 60 seconds to meditate quietly focusing on your breath.
I just implemented all of the above steps and can tell you that I feel more calm and relaxed now. Tonight, I’ll take a relaxing shower and use my lavender salt scrub. Then, when I’m in bed I’ll put some lavender essential oil on the bottom of my feet and massage it in. After that I’ll blow out my candle, turn off my lamp, and close my eyes so I can sleep sweetly tonight!